|The Parish of San Giacomo
The parish church of San Giacomo Apostolo, under restoration, dates back to 1173, but over the centuries it has undergone many modifications that have deeply altered the orginal structure. It is nonetheless an important monument, located in the historical section of Torricella; inside, it features frescoes, statues, paintings and precious fittings worthy of attention. The restoration of the church proceeds slowly. The available funds obtained after the last earthquake that has damaged part of the structure, are exhausted.
“Now it is the community that lives on”, affirms Don Ignazio, “with generosity because it is attached to its own traditions and its own faith.”
The paving has been completed and soon the church of San Giacomo will be even more beautiful than in the past.
From the “Special on Torricella Peligna” created in 1994 by:
Gino Di Tizio
Translation courtesy of Mirella Palizzi Piccone